Wednesday, February 3, 2016

American Dream - Everyone Has The Right to Own Things

AMERICAN DREAM

So I am sitting here going through my bedside table area. Thinking that maybe having a clean room will make it easier to get up in the morning. I found an old notebook here something that I've been using the rest of the pages up just writing notes for the day, or at least I was doing this at one point before it became buried. So I'm just going through this Notebook thinking can I just toss it.  I only NEED one Notebook.  I wanted to make sure there's nothing I really needed in it. Of course one might say that it's been sitting there for probably more than a year, the content in it was either daily tasks, or my notes from high school, so I really did not NEED to go through it.

Looking through, I happen to stop on a page titled The Great Gatsby. In the middle of the page where the ink turns from black to blue, the first line there reads,

American dream everyone has the right to own things.

Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, we are taught in high school by the classics and our school system that we should dream of owning stuff, the title alone Great Gatsby says it all.  We need lots of stuff. Therefore I am successful and I learned it in English class.
And so the question remains what do I do with a notebook?

No comments:

Post a Comment