Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Simplify Me

I want to simplify me. I do want to move towards minimalism, but find that it is difficult.  In searching for some inspiration I found this post by Bemorewithless .

The first suggestion she makes is to write a list.  A list of the reasons.  For me I feel that list of reasons will help me decide what it is I really want to do.  Do I want to actually downsize?  or do i Just want more space around me and less clutter sapping my energy.  And the more i think about it, the more i realize that my hobbies are maybe a problem too...I will have to come back to that

On to my reasons....

More time to spend with kids, now I spend a lot of valuable time cleaning and organizing and trying to get the kids to help out around the house, and my husband too. Less stuff will be less to put away.  and if there is more room for things, then it will be a easier to put them away.

More energy and ambition to cook healthy meals.

Have friends over more often

not feel embarrassed when people stop by  stop spending money on stuff we don't need and have nowhere to put.

Stop feeling guilty that i have all this stuff holding me back, but feeling that i have to keep it.

Next question: why do i have to keep it?

No comments:

Post a Comment